Saturday 15 August 2009

Sitting on a bus and on top of the world

Hi ya.
I've arrived in London (yesterday around noon local time) and made it safely to my friend Gretchen's flat in east London. Currently, I'm on my way to Oxford via the Oxford tube (a bus) and enjoying the free, albeit shaky wi-fi. After my arrival at Heathrow yesterday I rode the London tube all the way to north/east London and missed all the sites. It's nice to be sitting on a bus and looking out on my London. The London I remember. I got very sentimental around the Gloucester Road tube stop that's for sure.

Things seem to be going well so far. I booked myself an overnight flight to get here and of course did not sleep a wink. Went to bed around 9:30 last night and was up again by midnight until 2 am surfing the net and running all these scenarios around in my head. My mind is currently incapable of relaxing and going with the flow and...SLEEPING at the moment. I did manage to get some sleep between 2 and 8:30. So I feel great. As I walked up to Gretchen's road yesterday she greeted me with open arms and a "welcome home." That felt great!

In oxford I will be meeting my flatmates and seeing the flat for the first time. I also hope to get a few things done in town, but seeing as will be Saturday afternoon by the time I arrive, I'm not sure what will be open. I can always do the bank on Monday in London...right?

I am, of course, worrying about money. So far I haven't spent much, 20quid on my tube pass a few pounds at the market and now my bus trip which is 13pounds roundtrip on a student discount :) I'm mostly worried about the upcoming travel and how expensive it will be and I'm not sure when exactly I get the money from my loan...I think it may be enrollment week or the week before... Oh well. It's something to keep in mind but I can't let it ruin my day/week/month!
I love London!!!

1 comment: