Thursday 27 August 2009

Munchen

Well, I have just arrived in rainy Warsaw via the sleeper train from Berlin. I had spent the previous two nights in Munich before heading back to Berlin to catch the train to Warsaw.

Here's the update on Munich-- great city, though not as great as Berlin, in my humble opinion. I enjoyed an enlightening trip to Dachau concentration camp which was way more intense than Sachsunhausend (I still have no idea how to spell that). Besides my trip to Dachau, I meandered around Munich, watched the famous glockenspiel do its thing (for 10 minutes...as in it went off for 10 whole minutes) and spent a lot of time in this little park right off of Odeoplatz. This park was AMAZING. I didn't feel like I was in Germany at all, but rather some Jane Austen novel. I layed out on the grass, listened to local musicians play classical music and watched beaucoup of PDA (only because I couldn't avoid it. These Munich people, sheesh). Another magical experience in Germany, if I do say so myself.
I had two roommates from CA. I swear, I've met Aussies and people from CA only on this trip. It's ridiculous. They were very nice, although we didn't hang out a lot together outside of the room. It did make for some nice conversation, however.

So, as I said, I'm in Warsaw. I've seen pretty much the train station and a few streets. It's super rainy, although I think the rain has actually stopped and it's just dreary. I'm debating whether to venture out alone, find a tour, or just go back to bed! I did, you know, take an overnight train...i have an excuse to sleep, right??

I need to learn Polish. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment