Sunday 25 October 2009

These places they take you to...


Halloween party was a great success! Lots of drinking, laughing and dancing. Perfect evening. And, very much hungover today...joy. I dressed up as Eponine from Les Mis...it wasn't the greatest idea/costume, but I am so completely rubbish with costumes. No idea why I love Halloween so very much.

I've been sitting here attempting to maybe do some studying and just contemplating life. It's very odd to think of my life now and my 'old' life. With each day it just kind of slips farther away and it's really hard to imagine that I was ever that person. That person who worked in pharmaceuticals, lived in West Virginia (I still do tear up when Country Roads comes on my iPod), basically devoting my life to my relationship, was not in school... in ENGLAND. God, I love England.

I've met a very lovely girl, Bri, who is also leading a totally new life here in Oxford. I think it's great that we are able to move to England (even if it's only for a year...please don't let it only be for a year!) and be the people we're actually supposed to be. Free, Liberated, Opinionated, Smart women. Fantastical.

Ok, I was distracted and now I am not feeling deep or pensive or anything any more. I'll leave you with a picture (horrible) of me as Eponine. Costume fail, as usual...
-Edit- Can't figure out how to put the pic down here...sooo yeah.

1 comment:

  1. hey, so I know you did not just post all these blogs today, but they just showed up in my blogger updater thing at once, whats with that? SO I am getting caught up. I don't think that was a costume fail! Just wait till I get there, we are going to SO rock Halloween!

    ReplyDelete