Monday 5 October 2009

24 Candles

Today, I am 24 years old. Today, I am 24 years old and I'm waking up in Oxford, England where I LIVE. Today, I am 24 years old, living in England and single. Today, I am going with all new friends to a tapas bar and having a fabulous night.

It's strange to think how much your life can change in one year, or even one week. Yes, I have been out of the states for almost 2 months. I have seen 10 countries (if you count the Vatican :) ), I have met amazing people, I have moved to Oxford and I'm studying Books in the greatest book capital in the world. I have recently become single after 4+ years of a relationship that seemed like it would be my last. I have spent some hours grieving over this, but then the thought occurs to me: For the past 3 years of your life you've been plotting, scheming, working towards this. Can you really let something so simple get you down? It's not easy to pack up and move to another country...it's not easy to leave someone you love behind. At the age of (now) 24, a 4+year relationship is a major chunk of your life...and it was an important part that I won't forget and I definitely do not regret.
I'm a new me now, however, and I plan to make the most of it in every aspect.

Yes, I'm 24 years old today and I live in Oxford, England and I study books and I've made great friends and already experienced so much. Let the past rest and the future shine :) 24 is the year.



p.s. I apologize for the over-sentimental, nostalgic-ish rant...But, it is MY blog after all :)

1 comment:

  1. Hell ya it's your blog! You are 24, doing what you love where you love with new friends you will come to love. How can life be bad with so much LOVE?
    Ps. I LOVE you :) Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete