Tuesday 18 August 2009

Kobenhavn...ehh.

Today I arrived in Copenhagen, Denmark the first stop on my whirlwind tour around Europe. I have to say that i'm slightly disappointed. The hostel seems nice; however it doesn't seem to be in a great location--as in I'm glad that I have to get up so early tomorrow to catch my train so i'll be in early tonight.
From the moment I got off the plane things didn't go quite right, which isn't a problem but the people aren't very friendly either. Maybe I am a bit spoiled in America...? But the last few days in England have been very welcoming. My plane was late due to an electrical problem. We sat at the gate for a while..not sure how long because i had already turned my phone off and for once i was out on a plane. I slept the entire way here. The staff on the plane were very nice however, they gave us a free drink for making us sit in the hot plane for so long and they were just pleasant. seats were great too. If you're ever flying around these parts I highly recommend Scandanavian air.
Anyway, the lateness put me in chaos for finding a bus/train/metro anything to get to the hostel by 2 30 and the people working both the information booth and the ticket booth were just rude. I understand i don't speak your language-even though they spoke english and advertised it-- and i'm taking up a lot of your time because i'm completely lost, but sheesh.

That aside, my summary of copenhagen is this: Some parts look like Amsterdam (good thing) but the whole thing feels like Brussels (bad thing). Alas, my time here is up. Tomorrow I'll be in `Berlin which is supposed to be fantastic. We'll see!

2 comments:

  1. I'm technology challenged on a regular basis. Tried to email you from Panera but it took forever to do nothing. grrrrr..... Yes, I did set up the payment for August. You might want to check it to make sure it worked. Enjoying your updates on the blog. Do you want me to get reservations for Venice? What about Rome? Glad you like Berlin. Kind of thought you might. Love you, Mum

    ReplyDelete